This is kind courtesy FIAPO. Please find the judgements/ orders/ advisories/ circulars for the month of March below-
1. Date: Feb 25, 2022 | High Court of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh Case: SAVE (Save Animal Value Environment) v. State of J&K and others (PIL No. 06/2018) Summary: The councils for Jammu Municipal Corporation and Srinagar Municipal Corporation are directed to state whether the existing slaughter houses only are to be upgraded, or whether some new slaughterhouses have to be constructed and what is the actual state of affairs. The matter is listed on 01.04.2022.
2. Date: Feb 28, 2022 | High Court of Kerala Case: In re: Bruno (Suo Motu) PIL proceedings initiated by the High Court (W.P.(C) No. 13204/ 2021) Summary: Steps have been taken by Thiruvananthapuram Corporation to shift the venue for ABC procedure to the facility at Pettah, where surgeries are being conducted on community dogs with limitations on infrastructure. The court has also stated the Animal Adoption Camps have not been satisfactory. The court has directed to file compliance reports giving details of the camps, by the end of April 2022.
3. Date: March 04, 2022 | Supreme Court of India Case: Humane Foundation for People and Animals v. AWBI (SLP (C) 004731/2022) Summary: The Supreme Court of India has stayed Delhi High Court’s order to formulate committees and feeding spots for the purpose of feeding animals, till further hearing of the matter. The matter is listed on 18.04.2022.
1. Date: Feb 28, 2022 – Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Government of India Subject: Facilitation in import of pet dogs and pet cats along with stranded Indians being rescued in war-hit Ukraine. Summary: In exercise of the power conferred by the Live-stock Importation Act, 1898, the department, considering unique and extraordinary situations in war-hit Ukraine, the import of pet dogs and / or pet cats along with stranded Indians being rescued by the Government of India, is being facilitated as one time relaxation measure.
2. Date: March 11, 2022 – Animal Welfare Board of India Subject: Endorsement by AWBI for IGNOU’s PG Diploma in Animal Welfare (Open and Distance Learning). Summary: Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has launched a post graduate Diploma in Animal Welfare (PGDAW) in open and distance learning which is being endorsed by AWBI. The programme is designed to impart science based animal welfare education through open and distance learning and to build capacities of stakeholders in taking socially responsible decisions concerning animal welfare.
3. Date: March 11, 2022 – Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Government of India Subject: Coastal Aquaculture Authority (Amendment) Rules, 2022 Summary: Ministry of Fisheries, animal husbandry and dairying have amended the Coastal aquaculture authority Rules, 2005. The amendment in the Rules is made to satisfy that the registration of farms not be detrimental to the coastal environment.